There’s one gadget that I never leave the house without, and that’s my Fitbit! It’s totally additive and versatile with so many fun functions. It tracks everything including the number of calories burnt, weight, number of steps, water intake, sleep patterns, exercise and more. If you are thinking of getting a Fitbit, then this review on the best Fitbit for women is something that you’d want to read!
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
- The Best Fitbit For Women
- Fitbit Inspire
- Fitbit Inspire HR Tracker
- Fitbit Charge 3 Tracker
- Versa 2 And Special Edition Versa 2 Smartwatch
- Fitbit Ionic Smartwatch
- Comparison of Fitbit Trackers:
- Comparison of Fitbit Smartwatches:
- Summing Up Best Fitbit For Women
The Best Fitbit For Women
Fitbit is one of the most recognizable names in fitness tracking. That’s because their trackers and smartwatches deliver accurate data while being easy to use. They sync quickly and easily to computers and mobile devices. Finding the best Fitbit for women is what this post aims to do so let’s get started!
Fitbit has basically 6 different Fitbits on offer. 3 of these are trackers while the other 3 are smartwatches. (I’ve included the Versa 2 and the Special Edition Versa 2 as being the same as they offer the same features.)
Some of the Fitbit devices have overlapping features which makes it difficult to determine which one is best for you. Scan through the features in the chart below to determine which is the best Fitbit for your needs.
Fitness Trackers For Women
Fitbit Inspire is easy to use to help you improve your fitness and lose belly fat! It provides accurate health data because it allows you to enter your age, height, and weight information. It delivers friendly reminders to move and celebrates when you do.
The Fitbit Inspire has many similar features to the Fitbit Inspire HR. However the Inspire doesn’t have the heart rate monitor or the 15+ Goal-Based exercise modes. This means that you can’t set targets for calorie burn, distance or time for each exercise.
The Fitbit Inspire tracker is the best Fitbit for women who are new to using trackers. It’s for women who don’t want to bother with an overload of fitness and health information.
Features of Fitbit Inspire:
- Tracks steps, distance, hourly activity, active minutes and calories burned.
- Band is a flexible, durable elastomer material.
- SmartTrack records different exercise workouts like walks, runs, swims and bike rides.
- Movement reminders to take 250 steps every hour.
- Log your meals in the app and compare calories eaten to calories burned.
- Get high-fives when you reach a milestone.
- Timer & Stopwatch functions.
- Call, calendar and text alerts from your favorite apps for social media updates, ride share updates and more.
- Fitbit Inspire is water resistant to 50 meters.
Fitbit Inspire HR Tracker
Get empowered with Fitbit Inspire HR to build healthy habits and embrace your weight and fitness goals! The Fitbit Inspire HR touchscreen and on-screen dashboard help you track sleep, activity, set a food plan and more.
When you wear the Inspire HR tracker all day and night you can record and utilize the 24/7 heart rate monitor. This will give you tips on how to improve your sleep quality. The heart rate monitor tracks calorie burn, resting heart rate, and heart rate zones during workouts. This fitness tracker will track your steps, distance, and active minutes. It’s waterproof so you can track your swims.
The Fitbit Inspire HR tracker is slimer and more compact than the Charge 3 tracker. Its small interface makes reading text and notifications a bit of a challenge. You can’t interact with text notifications so once they’re gone, they’re gone forever.
Fitbit Inspire HR comes in 3 colours to complement your style. Switch out the classic band for accessories with fun patterns, sophisticated metal mesh, premium leather or a subtle clip. With its very affordable price it’s the best Fitbit for women who want a smart tracker with modern features without breaking the budget.
Features of Fitbit Inspire HR Tracker:
- Cardio Fitness Level; use with your Fitbit app to get a snapshot of how fit you are plus tips on how to improve.
- Tracks light, deep and REM sleep and provides ideas on how to help improve sleep quality.
- Connect to your phone’s GPS to see real-time pace and distance during walks, jogs, hikes and bike rides.
- Choose 15+ Goal-Based exercises modes like walk, run, bike or yoga. Set targets for time or distance, calorie burn, and get real-time updates when you reach your goals.
- Guided breathing sessions based on your heart rate.
- Tracks steps, distance, hourly activity, active minutes and calories burned.
- Band is a flexible, durable elastomer material.
- Water resistant to 50 meters.
- Hourly reminders to stretch your legs and take 250 steps.
- Calorie Burn Tracking. Log foods eaten into the app to compare calories eaten to calories burned.
- Receive goal Celebrations when you reach a milestone.
- Timer & Stopwatch functions.
- On-Screen Notifications. Call, calendar and text alerts from your favorite apps for social media updates, ride share updates and more.
Fitbit Charge 3 Tracker
Fitbit Charge 3 is the best Fitbit for women who prefer a smart tracker with functions such as weather forecasts and notification history. Fitbit Charge 3 tracker features a comfortable and durable award-winning design.
The aerospace grade aluminium and smooth flush case combines fashion with function. The large touchscreen and backlit display automatically adjust to lighting conditions making it easier to see the time or your stats.
The FitbiCharge 3 Tracker immediately recognizes when your movement changes. From running, to walking, to cycling, to swimming, or stair climbing you get real-time results to keep you motivated to meet your health goals.
The real-time coaching keeps you informed of your heart rate and gives alerts for speeding up, slowing down, and distance markers. The Fitbit Charge 3 Tracker reveals insights about your body, and your fitness levels so you can reach your fitness or weight loss goals.
Features of Fitbit Charge 3 Tracker:
- 24/7 heart rate tracking has advanced heart rate sensors to measure calorie burn and resting heart rate.
- SmartTrack automatically recognizes 15+ exercises including swim, run, bike, elliptical, sports, yoga, circuit training, etc.
- You can set goals, and get real time stats during your workouts.
- Records time spent in Light, Deep and REM sleep stages.
- Displays activity trends, health insights and personalized guidance.
- Swim proof and water resistant to 50 Meters.
- Connect to smartphone GPS to get real time pace and distance stats for outdoor runs and rides.
- Records calories burnt to help you reach your goals.
- Track periods and estimates ovulation and fertility windows.
- Set goals, find inspiration, connect with friends.
- Notifications & Quick Replies.
- Use Fitbit Pay to make secure payments on-the-go.
Fitbit Versa Lite Edition Smartwatch
Fitbit not only makes trackers but it makes smartwatches too, like the Versa Lite Edition! Smartwatches have a much larger face than the trackers and have lots of apps that you can download. The drawback with the Versa Lite Edition is that it doesn’t have as many fitness tracking features as The Fitbit Charge 3.
In my opinion, this smartwatch is the best Fitbit for women who want access to the latest news reports, weather, sports, and travel apps. When your phone is nearby, you can get call, text, calendar and smartphone app notifications.
Fitbit Versa Lite Edition is a stylish smartwatch with its slim comfortable design. It comes in 3 colors and is versatile enough to wear to work or when working out. You can give your screen your own style by choosing from 500+ clock face designs or creating your own.
The Fitbit Versa Lite Edition gives you all of your activity data on your wrist. It tracks steps, workouts, heart rate, sleep and gives you tips on how to improve. It immediately recognizes and records 15+ different exercise modes to help you meet your training goals.
The Versa Lite is a great entry-level smartwatch. It’s for women who want a smartwatch that has most of the functions of the more expensive smartwatch models. Unless you absolutely need to track floors climbed or store music, the Versa Lite is the smartwatch to buy.
Features of Fitbit Versa Lite Edition:
- 24/7 heart rate to track calorie burn, and optimize your efforts during workouts.
- Tracks sleep stages including time in light, deep and REM sleep.·
- Recognizes 15 plus exercise activities like runs, sports & aerobic workouts.
- Boosts motivation with step challenges, logs food and water consumption.
- Connects to smartphone GPS for real time pace & distance.
- Access your favorite apps for fitness, sports, weather, finance & more
- Get call, text, calendar and smartphone app notifications when your phone is nearby. Plus send quick replies.
- Automatically tracks sports & workouts with SmartTrack.
- Female health tracking to log periods, symptoms, ovulation and discover patterns in your cycle.
- Water resistant to 50 meters for wear in the pool, shower and ocean.
- Get a personalized Cardio Fitness Score and tips to improve your fitness levels.
- Works with Bluetooth headphones & 200+ leading iOS and Android devices.
- Compete with friends and family and find other people that are working toward the same goals as you.
- Lightweight, anodized aluminum watch body.
- Hi Res Touchscreen made from Corning Gorilla Glass 3
Versa 2 And Special Edition Versa 2 Smartwatch
Versa 2 and Special Edition Versa 2 Smartwatch family come with the Amazon Alexa, always-on display mode. This mode helps you track your sleep patterns, steps, distance, calories, and heart rate. The Versa 2 family has everything that the active woman wants to focus on achieving her fitness goals.
The Fitbit Versa 2 family has smartwatch features like smart notifications and quick reply. Smartwatches from the Versa 2 family are the best Fitbit for women who want to focus on health and fitness tracking while staying in touch. To use Amazon Alexz, just press the button and speak to check the weather, or set reminders. Get on-screen text replies to your questions .
The Versa 2 family has a timeless, versatile delicate look with 6 different color options to choose from. You can further customize your watch with hundreds of clock face unique designs downloadable from the Fitbit app. Further customize your look with 12 different watch bands.
Features of Versa 2 And Special Edition Versa 2 Smartwatch:
- 3 months free trial of Fitbit premium. This turns your stats into personalized health and fitness guidance.
- Use Amazon Alexa to get news, weather, set timers, alarms, & control your smart home devices.
- Get call, text, calendar and smartphone app notifications. Plus send voice replies.
- Sleep Score helps you track your light, deep & REM sleep.
- Control your Spotify app, download and play 300+ songs.
- Track heart rate 24/ 7, steps, distance, calories burned, hourly activity, active minutes and floors climbed.
- All-Day Motivation helps you to focus on your goals with reminders to move, health insights, and trends.
- Water resistant to 50 meters.
- 15+ Goal-Based Exercise Modes includes swim, run, bike, yoga and more.
- Get personalized on-screen workouts that coach you through each move and adapt to your fitness based on your feedback.
- Fitbit Pay has a built-in NFC chip. Add up to six credit or debit cards, make purchases and pay for transport from your watch.
- Reach your goals with guided workouts, motivational challenges, food logging and more.
- Log your period, record symptoms and compare your cycle against other health stats like sleep, activity and weight.
- Compete with friends and family and get support from the community.
- * Special Edition Versa 2 has all the above features. It also has a premium jacquard woven band, plus an extra classic silicone band.
Fitbit Ionic Smartwatch
The Fitbit Ionic Smartwatch is a true sports watch. Fitbit Ionic Smartwatch is a fitness watch that is stylish enough for women to love. It’s a little larger, more square and bulkier in appearance than Versa smartwatches. With its GPS tracker it’s the best Fitbit for women who prefer to exercise outdoors.
The Ionic is suited to women who prefer to run or ride outdoors and who want accurate speed and distance data. It’s enhanced features and personal coaching make it the best Fitbit choice for women who are totally serious about their outdoor fitness regime.
Keep your fitness in focus with Ionic’s invaluable insights about your sleep habits. Learn how your daily routine might be affecting your sleep quality and get tips on how to improve it. The Ionic provides dynamic personal coaching. It has on-screen guidance for exercise routines based on your feedback.
Features of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatch:
- Dynamic personalized workouts on your wrist with step by step coaching.
- Built in GPS to track pace, distance, real time zones and a map of your route.
- Access your favorite apps for sports, weather & more.
- Store and play 300+ songs, plus download playlists from Pandora.
- Use your credit and debit cards to make payments with a built in NFC chip.
- Durable screen corning gorilla glass 3 is tough and damage resistant.
- Track specific workouts like run, swim, bike and weights
- See real-time stats on screen and get post-workout summaries.
- Increased pixels & amplified brightness up to 1000 nits.
- SmartTrack records and logs 15+ Goal-Based Exercise workouts.
- Water-resistant with enhanced swim-tracking capabilities.
- Swim Mode records your laps, stroke style, calories burned and more.
- Work towards a sleep goal, complete with bedtime reminders and a silent alarm to wake you in the morning.
Comparison of Fitbit Trackers:
The Fitbit Inspire and Fitbit HR are a very similar looking water-resistant trackers with slim, sleek lines.
The Fitbit Inspire is an entry level tracker and the cheapest Fitbit tracker. It offers basic monitoring, basic sleep tracking, has automatic exercise recognition, counts steps and number of calories burned.
Both the Fitbit Inspire and Fitbit HR offer smartphone notifications, and the ability to change clock faces and straps. They both use Bluetooth to connect to the Fitbit app and to access more detailed stats and data.
Fitbit Inspire HR is a more advanced tracker and slightly more expensive than Fitbit Inspire. Fitbit HR has a heart rate tracking function which is desirable for anyone who is serious about their fitness. It also offers connected GPS, swim tracking, advanced sleep tracking data, guided breathing sessions and goal-based exercise goals.
The Fitbit Charge 3 tracker offers everything the Inspire HR does. However, the Charge 3 includes additional features such as more advanced smartphone notifications. It also includes apps like Facebook, WhatsApp and Gmail, Quick Replies for Android users, Fitbit Pay and it has an altimeter.
The Charge 3 tracker is comparable in price and features to the Fitbit Versa Lite Edition which is a smartwatch. While the Versa Lite Edition has apps and designer accessories it doesn’t have Fitbit Pay or an altimeter which are two great features of the Charge 3.
Comparison of Fitbit Smartwatches:
Fitbit Versa Lite Edition, Versa 2, Special Edition Versa 2 and Ionic watches all offer a similar set of functions. The Versa Lite Edition is the cheapest of the Fitbit smartwatches, so it has less features than the other smartwatches.
Versa Lite doesn’t offer Amazon Alexa voice control, Fitbit Pay, music storage, an altimeter, on-screen workouts or Bluetooth connections to headphones. The Versa 2 and Special Edition Versa 2 models both have built-in Amazon Alexa voice control, whereas the Fitbit Ionic doesn’t.
The Versa 2, Special Edition Versa 2 and the Ionic all have an altimeter that helps measure altitude. They also offer Fitbit Pay which allows you to make payments with a credit or debit card for contact-less payment.
The Versa 2, Special Edition Versa 2 and the Ionic models have on-screen workouts. They also offer Bluetooth connections to headphones. This means you can sync tracks and have smartphone-free music while exercising.
All 3 smartwatches offer smartphone notifications apps like Facebook, WhatsApp and Gmail, as does the Charge 3 tracker. The Versa 2 and Special Edition Versa 2 have Amazon “Always On display” mode as well as Spotify. Neither the Versa Lite Edition or Ionic models offer these features.
Only the Ionic model has built-in GPS which accurately tracks your outdoors sports’ location, speed and distance traveled. To get location data for Versa 2 devices or the Versa Lite Edition you’ll have to connect the app to your smartphone.
Summing Up Best Fitbit For Women
Fitbit is one of the biggest names in fitness trackers and have been around for many years. They offer a range of devises that are suitable to track fitness activities and goals.
Selecting the best Fitbit model for your needs isn’t straightforward as many of the products have overlapping features. In order to determine which Fitbit is best for your needs, look that the comparison notes above. Determine which features you require and how much you want to spend. Then go for it!
Once you have the perfect Fitbit for your needs, you might find that it’s almost impossible to leave the house without it!
Have you ever panicked when you accidentally left home without your Fitbit?How many steps do you do per day?
Losing weight is difficult! This is especially true if you don’t enjoy eating diet foods. But losing weight won’t be such a chore with my list of the 10 best foods for weight loss. Wouldn’t it be amazing if you could eat as much as you want without gaining weight! Is it even possible for…
What’s the fastest way to lose weight? The answer is to eat more superfoods! Superfoods are the best foods for weight loss on the planet because they have the ability to help your body burn fat! They’re packed with nutritional vitamins and minerals to supercharge and efficiently fuel your body. Superfoods are great for weight…
Being overweight or obese can result in many life threatening issues! Obesity can contribute to cancers, diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, kidney disease, back problems, dementia, osteoarthritis, and premature death. People with weight issues usually want to get rid of excess weight as quickly as possible. But quick weight loss diet plans don’t work!…
Wouldn’t it be great if you could lose weight and achieve your dream body! But this could be difficult if you don’t know what to do to lose weight. There’s a great deal of confusing and conflicting advice concerning weight loss. This results in many people being baffled about the best ways to lose weight.…
Imagine what your life would be like if you lost weight! Your health, appearance and happiness would improve out of sight. But losing weight is hard – that’s unless you evoke the astonishing power of your emotions. Use the fire and the fury within you and your passion for a healthy life to motivate you…
The power of your subconscious mind is an astonishing force! It controls what you think of yourself and the world around you. When you power your subconscious mind you give yourself the ability to achieve anything including losing weight! Your subconscious mind is responsible for your beliefs, and your image of yourself whether it’s good…